PDA

View Full Version : mmm mauldulator

cobra
07-12-2012, 04:20 PM
well i finally got my mmm mauldulator that i installed and i love it took some figuring out ,but i really like it .have had some really good reports on the audio .i tried rack gear ,direct injecting ,caps mods and every thing else under the sun.but so far it works the best for me.if anybody gets one and needs any help just let me know ,just a dumb ass hillbilly but ill help all i can:smile:

10 Gauge
07-12-2012, 04:29 PM
You should have someone local grab some gates, or get some gates of your own going. I'd like to hear how it sounds.

cobra
07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
You should have someone local grab some gates, or get some gates of your own going. I'd like to hear how it sounds.II
Ihave been trying to do some gates but no luck ..none of the locals around here have any water gates going all old school ....any suggestions on how to do one my self?

10 Gauge
07-12-2012, 04:36 PM
The mauldulator setup on the base or in the mobile?

Typhoon 632
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Can you explain what it replaces in a Cobra 148? I know they sell it and I respect that so I don't want to take anything away from them. But how does it work?

07-12-2012, 08:44 PM
well i finally got my mmm mauldulator that i installed and i love it took some figuring out ,but i really like it .have had some really good reports on the audio .i tried rack gear ,direct injecting ,caps mods and every thing else under the sun.but so far it works the best for me.if anybody gets one and needs any help just let me know ,just a dumb ass hillbilly but ill help all i can:smile:

What radio did you put it in?

cobra
07-12-2012, 09:49 PM
The mauldulator setup on the base or in the mobile?

its on base 10 gauge

cobra
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Can you explain what it replaces in a Cobra 148? I know they sell it and I respect that so I don't want to take anything away from them. But how does it work?
thats what i installed mine on was a phillipino 148 side mount it replaces the whole audio chain on the radio,so it really doesent really matter what kind of radio you put it in ,all the radio does is let your signal pass through,and get your recieve..the reason i used the 148 was because i had allready did the rx mods to it and it saved me from having to add another transistor.its not that hard of a thing to do ,if you are into the hi fi thing i suggest getting one !!!!!just give john a call he is one of the most helpful guys you can talk to....if i can help just give me a call ..1-606-337-3390 ask for hank

- - - Updated - - -

What radio did you put it in?

a 148 gtl side mount phillipino i got a bunch of radios ,but i like the old faithful 148.fixing to put one in my 2000..

-FiveNine-
07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Hope it doesn't bother you that I ask, but what does it cost???

Man, MotorMouthMaul's audio gives me instant chub.

I know it's not as simple as just putting that in to get the audio he has, but man oh man. I wanna run one in the pickup...

- - - Updated - - -

If it's in the house, go out to the mobile, park down the driveway, or street, leave radio on, put phone on record after a little testing to see if it sounds good, go in house, talk to yourself, then go and see what you get...
Might take a few walks to and from..
But I do gates with my smartphone and it sounds ok... I also have propped the phone up and done videogates...
Good luck.

Typhoon 632
07-12-2012, 10:28 PM
,all the radio does is let your signal pass through,and get your recieve...
So you dont run your driver and final anymore on the cobra 148 with MMM modulator?

cobra
07-13-2012, 12:34 AM
you leave the driver and final in your radio you still use them..

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's not as simple as just putting that in to get the audio he has, but man oh man. I wanna run one in the pickup...

- - - Updated - - -

If it's in the house, go out to the mobile, park down the driveway, or street, leave radio on, put phone on record after a little testing to see if it sounds good, go in house, talk to yourself, then go and see what you get...
But I do gates with my smartphone and it sounds ok... I also have propped the phone up and done videogates...
Good luck.

ok so here is the parts you need--1 30V power supply, 1 16-19V power supply, a PC with Windows service pack3 installed, a good studio mic like a shure sm58, a oscilloscope anything from a 15mhz up will work fine, m box mini,pro tools 7.4 or 8.0 either will work, and all you do to key is use a stock mic to key it up. It's not that big a deal to install the maudulator in the radio you just remove the speaker and install it there. The 2 power supplies leads go inside the radio so you have to drill a hole in the back for the cables. If you need to know anything else just ask.

- - - Updated - - -

oh I forgot it costs 265.00 shipped for the maudulator.

Typhoon 632
07-13-2012, 01:05 AM
What did you set your dead key at and what is your pep with the Modulator out of the Cobra 148?

cobra
07-13-2012, 01:41 AM
What did you set your dead key at and what is your pep with the Modulator out of the Cobra 148?

dead key 3quarters -1 watt pep about 6.you dont need a high wattage radio ,remember this set up is all about audio...the mauldulator has 5 pots ,,,adjustments on it once you get everything hooked up to the scope you set your modulation with them first. if you need to you can do like i did and put a small 1 pill in line to make up the difference in wattage.

Typhoon 632
07-13-2012, 06:19 AM
150% modulation. Sounds good Cobra. Thanks.

HiDef
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
If you are on a base and like the audio but not enough power don't use a halfass pill amp. Get thermionic emission.

Road_Kill
07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Get thermionic emission.

thermionic emission is the only way to fly!

Curley
07-13-2012, 01:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck.

I talked to the man that builds the mauldulator for john (a.k.a. mmm) and his reply was for a mobile set-up you are gonna have to work alot harder to get the end result that you are looking for, like for starters you need a PURE SINEWAVE power inverter to boot it all up clean, not just any converter will work, second is being able to mount a computer in there not a laptop they will not work per. rick says!! third its not gonna have the quality of no noise at all from the house to road noise of in a vehicle and finally the rf floating around in the cab mite (notice I said mite) be an issue.

07-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Real thermionics glow in the dark.

HiDef
07-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Old battery UPS units work for this.
They are heavy......

I talked to the man that builds the mauldulator for john (a.k.a. mmm) and his reply was for a mobile set-up you are gonna have to work alot harder to get the end result that you are looking for, like for starters you need a PURE SINEWAVE power inverter to boot it all up clean, not just any converter will work, second is being able to mount a computer in there not a laptop they will not work per. rick says!! third its not gonna have the quality of no noise at all from the house to road noise of in a vehicle and finally the rf floating around in the cab mite (notice I said mite) be an issue.

07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Its all about whitebenz technology

cobra
07-13-2012, 04:34 PM
If you are on a base and like the audio but not enough power don't use a halfass pill amp. Get thermionic emission.

you can use whatever you just need a little something to get the drive back up for your amp!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

it can be done because mmm is running one in his mobile now....check it out on his site ,sounds pretty good to me !!!!!!! and no a lap top dosent run pro tools to good .BUT there are other programs that will run on a lap top , like i said theres one called voice shapper that will!!! i have used and it works great....as long as you use windows xp NOT VISTA ..

cobra
07-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Real thermionics glow in the dark.

yeah i know a real radio GLOWS i probbly have 30-40 glass radios and i love them!!!!! BUT TIMES UH CHAGIN MASSA JOHNSON!!!!!!! mauldroppers gotta have something new to play with '' besides our birds'' thats what keeps us going!!!!!

Curley
07-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Has anybody try'd the goldfinger mods on say a connex radio using a trucker mic and was wandering if it is sounding any good??? seen the mods on wwpdx site and no1 will give an answer on what the mod actually does, they call it the hi-fi mod but its just changing out a few caps inside the radio, I have asked on there if it is actually opening up the bandwidth of the radio to pass more then 2500-2800hz or is it just adding some mids and highs to the system???? nobody either knows anything there or they just not saying????

Craig
07-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Goldfinger mods will improve your audio, but it's limited to according to the microphone your using. To take full advantage your going to need the absolutely best mic you can buy or rig a desk mic with a PTT switch.

radio station x
07-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Has anybody try'd the goldfinger mods on say a connex radio using a trucker mic and was wandering if it is sounding any good??? seen the mods on wwpdx site and no1 will give an answer on what the mod actually does, they call it the hi-fi mod but its just changing out a few caps inside the radio, I have asked on there if it is actually opening up the bandwidth of the radio to pass more then 2500-2800hz or is it just adding some mids and highs to the system???? nobody either knows anything there or they just not saying????

Goldfinger likes the smoke and mirrors.
All his mod is are just cap change outs using the stock mic. He also has a way to direct inject the audio into the transistors after the factory audio pass transistor.
There are alot of folks using various versions of "his" mod ( he didn't invent it btw).
The issue people have with direct injection is the radio platform, the processing software, and the computer that drives the audio into the radio.

R2D0X6NJ
07-15-2012, 12:39 AM
yo i like to cut my audio jumpers....and just be a gangster

radio station x
07-15-2012, 12:40 AM
I do love the sound of the mauldulator and John is truely a good guy. I have spent HOURS AND HOURS talking to him on the phone about hifi audio. For sure I appreciate his ear and input for sound.
I just cant justify paying for a radio modification that I can do myself for 1/4 the price and be damned close.
What can be said is what we do around here only come close to about 95% of where he is at.

Check out Breakaway broadcast software.

cobra
07-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Goldfinger mods will improve your audio, but it's limited to according to the microphone your using. To take full advantage your going to need the absolutely best mic you can buy or rig a desk mic with a PTT switch.

i tried the gold finger mods and they do let a little more hi fi through but it wasn't the sound i was looking for ...like craig said a good quality mic plays a big part in the whole thing .the best i found is the shure sm-58...........

- - - Updated - - -

I do love the sound of the mauldulator and John is truely a good guy. I have spent HOURS AND HOURS talking to him on the phone about hifi audio. For sure I appreciate his ear and input for sound.
I just cant justify paying for a radio modification that I can do myself for 1/4 the price and be damned close.
What can be said is what we do around here only come close to about 95% of where he is at.

like i said i have tried everyyhing under the sun to get the hi fi thing going ,and all of it does work .BUT i go by what other cb guys tell me with their ears.people have told me i sound like shit ,when others said i sounded good .BUT since i have been running the mmm way ,nobody has told me i sound like SHIT!!!! x if you have a way of making me sound as good asmmm or even close ,for a quarter of the price please let me know i'll take 2....

Curley
07-15-2012, 04:08 AM
I talked to rickety bones the guy who builds the mauldulator for john the mmm and by the way it was explained to me was that to get the true hi-fi sound and to do it the correct way was to use the mauldulator to let all of the audio that is processed thru the radio. the entire tx chain is removed from the radio and the only thing that the radio is there for now is the receive side of the radio. Anyways not trying to lead off of this thread by something different here, I just seen that goldfinger mods are mainly for still using the regular mic to sound better. I was wanting to actually use the sure sm58 mic and everything that went with it to go after that sound that im looking for..... I talked to rickety and to get everything in a turn-key package was a bit pricey but it was everything needed to get into the high fi audio world of sound atleast what 2 or 3 watts will do anyways....still have to add some power to the system and the use of a scope.... antenna system and so on..I am leaning towards buying the turnkey package from rickety and his recomendation was to use the texas star linears. for the power that I was looking for he advised me to start out with the TS667v and shoot for half of the watts it should produce and when I was ready for the big box then the 667v would be a great driver for it.........doing the math, this is gonna be on the EXPENCESIVE side but would be rite when it was all setup in the end...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey cobra I live here in kentucky aswell, around the lexington area, Im getting my base going from a turnkey package from rickety, Ill be able to gate ya when I get mine up and going if you in range of me... just waiting to sell A BUNCH of my radios to be able to afford the rig....Im an owner operator truck driver and well the money gets tight being a sole provider of a family of 4 and still trying to play lol... but it wont be long now... You need somebody to gate ya that will be able to handle the full aspect of the audio coming from yer rig now that its producing...... What kind of processing did you use??

Curley
07-15-2012, 04:28 AM
i tried the gold finger mods and they do let a little more hi fi through but it wasn't the sound i was looking for ...like craig said a good quality mic plays a big part in the whole thing .the best i found is the shure sm-58...........

- - - Updated - - -

like i said i have tried everyyhing under the sun to get the hi fi thing going ,and all of it does work .BUT i go by what other cb guys tell me with their ears.people have told me i sound like shit ,when others said i sounded good .BUT since i have been running the mmm way ,nobody has told me i sound like SHIT!!!! x if you have a way of making me sound as good asmmm or even close ,for a quarter of the price please let me know i'll take 2....

hell for a 1/4 of the cost ill inventory it and use it on everything I own lol...... I have the general hp40w and acouple of general lee's and a couple of connex 3300hp for donors if ya will let the seceret out!!!!! If ya don't wana let it out pm me and ill try 1 of em out and see for myself how it works out and if it gets me the sound that im looking for,

- - - Updated - - -

But all the audio processing in the world wont pass thru a radio that is only setup to pass around 2500-2800hz when hi-fi passes around 5000-6000hz..........or is that system ment to be passed thru the radio with the limitations of the 2500hz to sound like its really passing more but actually isnt it just sounds that way lol getting confusing yet.....

015reddog
07-15-2012, 06:46 AM
yo i like to cut my audio jumpers....and just be a gangster

Dude, your avatar is so totally gangster! I love it. Vote for pedro, he offers you his protection. :laughing: Ok, back to regularly scheduled programming.

HiDef
07-15-2012, 10:24 AM

Makes for a great discussion. What does an expensive mic do that a cheap mic won't?

mustang 131
07-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Makes for a great discussion. What does an expensive mic do that a cheap mic won't?

Does a PR-40 sound better than a goldline or radio shack. Your asking a lot from your EQ.

Uniden68
07-15-2012, 10:35 AM

I agree John is a smart guy and one hell of a nice guy at that. My problem with it is how it's promoted. A lot of emphasis is put on the high positive peaks as if that is somehow going to be the magic bullet that gets you heard. Modulation does provide audio punch but almost all these radios are required to dead key something less than one watt. So the 200% modulated signal is still producing significantly less power than a very basic radio set at two watts modulating to eight. The other thing that often get's lost in the mix is the amount of power it takes to drive the low end. Bass is a resource hog and you'll need more power to get heard when a narrow banded radio is right next to you. MMM and his friend Rickety Bones sound good (okay - to bassy for me) especially when no one else is on the air. But I constantly here them get wiped out with narrow banded signals.

The other thing that never really gets talked about is the ability of the receiving station to "hear" everything you're putting out there. Most radio just can't.

HiDef
07-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Does a PR-40 sound better than a goldline or radio shack. Your asking a lot from your EQ.

Just want people to know what you get with an expensive mic.

Watching folks spend a lot of money because expensive stuff must be better is frustrating.

A store bought wire antenna must be better than a dipole right?

- - - Updated - - -

Most newbie hifi people want to jack up the bass way too much. It's usually the people with Mike Tyson voices too.

I agree John is a smart guy and one hell of a nice guy at that. My problem with it is how it's promoted. A lot of emphasis is put on the high positive peaks as if that is somehow going to be the magic bullet that gets you heard. Modulation does provide audio punch but almost all these radios are required to dead key something less than one watt. So the 200% modulated signal is still producing significantly less power than a very basic radio set at two watts modulating to eight. The other thing that often get's lost in the mix is the amount of power it takes to drive the low end. Bass is a resource hog and you'll need more power to get heard when a narrow banded radio is right next to you. MMM and his friend Rickety Bones sound good (okay - to bassy for me) especially when no one else is on the air. But I constantly here them get wiped out with narrow banded signals.

The other thing that never really gets talked about is the ability of the receiving station to "hear" everything you're putting out there. Most radio just can't.

The expensive mic is the last thing to buy after everything else is working IMO.

Typhoon 632
07-15-2012, 01:56 PM

What does the mmm modulator do in hifi in 11 meters?

Curley
07-15-2012, 03:10 PM

From my understanding, it allows the radio to pass upto 6000hz of audio and acomplish UPTO 500% modulation without pinching the carrier off or i think thats how it works. it completely by-passes the audio chain in the radio to send the processed audio of your choice thru the mauldulator and gives it the sound of a broadcast station on the am band....in short in my opinion it gives the am band the sound of a fm broadcast station. crystal clear and plenty of loudness with however much punch you want to throw behind the rig...I personally love the sound that it CAN produce if the end user uses it correctly and dont over due the rig with way too much bass and way too many highs..... i personally like rickety bones sound over the motormouthmaul's sound he is at the point of over doing the rig in my personal opinion BUT THAT it how he wishes to sound and the mauldulator hasn't a thing to do with how he sounds it is the way he has his processing to have that sound the mauldulator just lets it pass thru the plastics of the radio with no restrictions of the stock audio chain....................... I THINK ANYWAYS THATS HOW IT WORKS, NOT 100% sure but that is what i gathered from the call to rickety bones the maker of the mauldulator.... I think john (mmm) invented the idea and rickety makes them..........Again i think anyways. but the rec. end of the other radios out there in no way can handle the 500% of audio that it can acomplish I think around 150%--175% of modulation is the goal for the MAULDULATOR to be set up at.

A365
07-15-2012, 05:25 PM
This device will work controlling the negative peak bellow 100% and keep the positive above 100 %

dave457
07-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Isnt this the the samething egale eye posted about? that you can get over on ebay?

HiDef
07-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Isnt this the the samething egale eye posted about? that you can get over on ebay?

That's an all pass filter. It takes the asymmetry out of the human voice. Makes it behave like a sine wave test signal. Nothing over 100% in either direction.

cobra
07-15-2012, 05:56 PM
thanks curley ,any time you hear me !!!i go by 113snake in the grass..rickety dosen't build the boards ,he buys them from john and re sales them .i gathered all the stuff up myself a piece at a time and john helped me with the tech side of it .you being a truck driver its hard i know to get the time to do all this stufF !!!!the turn key system would probbly be the best option.i talkedto rickety several times ,good guy also..i just saved some money by going my way .the mauldulator doesen'tproduce 500% around 300% but 200% sounds like crap on some radios but good on others .you just gotta find your sweet spot .i rur from 100 to 175 on mine .not all radios will pass hi fi so what sounds good to one may not to another .i do know it sounds better long distance than local .because of all the audio it produces !!!!and if you dont like all the baseyou can set that in your sessions file ...be back in a bit gonna go watch spider man so the old lady will quit bitchen 73s

Typhoon 632
07-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Just a learning question Cobra. After the mmm modulator asymmetrical limiting processing, where did it go in the Cobra 148? Did it go after the audio chip before the AM regulator?

Curley
07-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Heel, rickety told me that he was the man that builds them, oh well doesn't really matter anyways as long as i get What I am shooting for in the long run rite.... Iam in my truck about 80% of the time and when home im playing w/ the youngens, but in my spare time I am gonna slowly get my base set up in here. i like getting on there after every1 is in bed and shootin' the shiiiit with the locals in the area... been yellin at winchester and lexington quite a bit from here in paris ky just sittin in the truck in the driveway lol or running the coax inside the window from the truck and going from the desk...im in need of a base antenna now, I have the tower just no goodies to put atop of it yet. and I didnt mean that the box was built to run 500% mod i just seen a video of the dude testing it out and it could possibly go as high as that without pinching the carrier off im looking for the vid now ill link it to here when I find it again but I was told to set it up at aroung the 150-175 mark so the radio's out there would not think its over mod and reject the signal....Im still in the beginning stages of this hi-fi stuff and only had about an hour and half conversation with rickety about what I was wanting to do, I missed alot evidently on the call but we covered alot of ground in that 1.5 hrs lol..Thinkin iv heard you out there before ill get a set up worth talking about one of these days and get out there and yell at ya....

radio station x
07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey cobra,
I cant say I sound AS good as MMM. They way we direct inject our audio requires a lot of processing and compression. We are also limited to 200hz with a galaxy (rci boards ) and 110hz on the 148 platforms.
Ima have to agree that the MMM pushes so much bass that most receivers in cb radios cant hear it or pinch it off. To truely appreciate those low ends require a solid and often a dedicated receiver.

HIdef was spot on with the mike tyson sound when folks try to push the bass so hard. I opt for a 30hz roll of starting at 250 hz (in my galaxy) set in breakaway broadcast software. I also like the winamp plugins for the multiband eq and a few others.

If you want that MMM sound, you need to run his mauldulator. We just come close and can do so with only a few specific radios. Close is about 85% of the MMM.
Let me see if I can get Joe Dirt back in this forum to better explain how he does these mods. I know he leans more towards the 148 radios now as opposed to the ept3600 and 6900 board galaxy rigs.

Another thing I noticed is if I dial these radios in for 100% perfect asymetrical modulation, folks say its not loud enough, so I run it a tad more dirty with close to 100% negatives and almost flat top the bottoms. It sounds better to me.
Its all personal opinions and what YOU like to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the microphones of choice,
There are some good quality cheaper units, look the the frequency response range on the mic.

Typhoon 632
07-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Hey cobra,
I cant say I sound AS good as MMM. They way we direct inject our audio requires a lot of processing and compression.

The MMM modulator needs processing and compression still.

BOB85
07-15-2012, 09:46 PM
There are alot of folks using various versions of "his" mod ( he didn't invent it btw)

who did invent it?

cobra
07-15-2012, 11:46 PM

They both do the same ,you talk into it and sound comes out....BUT thats like comparing a paper towel roll to a d-104!!!! it's all about sound quality....

mustang 131
07-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Hey cobra,
I cant say I sound AS good as MMM. They way we direct inject our audio requires a lot of processing and compression. We are also limited to 200hz with a galaxy (rci boards ) and 110hz on the 148 platforms.
Ima have to agree that the MMM pushes so much bass that most receivers in cb radios cant hear it or pinch it off. To truely appreciate those low ends require a solid and often a dedicated receiver.

HIdef was spot on with the mike tyson sound when folks try to push the bass so hard. I opt for a 30hz roll of starting at 250 hz (in my galaxy) set in breakaway broadcast software. I also like the winamp plugins for the multiband eq and a few others.

If you want that MMM sound, you need to run his mauldulator. We just come close and can do so with only a few specific radios. Close is about 85% of the MMM.
Let me see if I can get Joe Dirt back in this forum to better explain how he does these mods. I know he leans more towards the 148 radios now as opposed to the ept3600 and 6900 board galaxy rigs.

Another thing I noticed is if I dial these radios in for 100% perfect asymetrical modulation, folks say its not loud enough, so I run it a tad more dirty with close to 100% negatives and almost flat top the bottoms. It sounds better to me.
Its all personal opinions and what YOU like to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the microphones of choice,
There are some good quality cheaper units, look the the frequency response range on the mic.

Joes got the best am audio I've ever heard, my gate doesn't do it any justice.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddjk55UvUI0

- - - Updated - - -

Joes gate
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwJ43MjR9u4

07-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Lol

cobra
07-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Heel, rickety told me that he was the man that builds them, oh well doesn't really matter anyways as long as i get What I am shooting for in the long run rite.... Iam in my truck about 80% of the time and when home im playing w/ the youngens, but in my spare time I am gonna slowly get my base set up in here. i like getting on there after every1 is in bed and shootin' the shiiiit with the locals in the area... been yellin at winchester and lexington quite a bit from here in paris ky just sittin in the truck in the driveway lol or running the coax inside the window from the truck and going from the desk...im in need of a base antenna now, I have the tower just no goodies to put atop of it yet. and I didnt mean that the box was built to run 500% mod i just seen a video of the dude testing it out and it could possibly go as high as that without pinching the carrier off im looking for the vid now ill link it to here when I find it again but I was told to set it up at aroung the 150-175 mark so the radio's out there would not think its over mod and reject the signal....Im still in the beginning stages of this hi-fi stuff and only had about an hour and half conversation with rickety about what I was wanting to do, I missed alot evidently on the call but we covered alot of ground in that 1.5 hrs lol..Thinkin iv heard you out there before ill get a set up worth talking about one of these days and get out there and yell at ya....

i think john is in partners with rickety. i do know john sells the boards cheaper. if you ever need help just give me a call 1-606-337-3390 ask for hank im just a dumb ass hillbilly but i'll help all i can!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The mauldulator gives you a plat form to build, on what you put in it is what comes out . it dosen't matter if you run rack gear ,pro tools ,or any oyher audio equipment , the sound you put in is what comes out... i run pro tools le 8.0 with a m box mini''which is what you HAVE to have..the m box that is, 7.4 or 8.0 pro tools either will work.

cobra
07-16-2012, 12:31 AM
The MMM modulator needs processing and compression still.

Yeah it does ,but the pro tools provides all that.

- - - Updated - - -

who did invent it?
Idont know who invented it ,but i'll try to find out tomorrow..

- - - Updated - - -

Joe is the one that told me how to direct inject one of my 148's ,he knows what he's doing!!!

A365
07-16-2012, 01:59 AM
who did invent it?

Good one BOB85 :laughing:

Curley
07-16-2012, 08:52 AM
i think john is in partners with rickety. i do know john sells the boards cheaper. if you ever need help just give me a call 1-606-337-3390 ask for hank im just a dumb ass hillbilly but i'll help all i can!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The mauldulator gives you a plat form to build, on what you put in it is what comes out . it dosen't matter if you run rack gear ,pro tools ,or any oyher audio equipment , the sound you put in is what comes out... i run pro tools le 8.0 with a m box mini''which is what you HAVE to have..the m box that is, 7.4 or 8.0 pro tools either will work.

Thanks cobra mite be givin ya a call after the lil woman has the 2nd offspring, she is about 3 weeks from having her and thats got my rig on hold as of now, atleast till she is here anyways....Im taking a month off work as soon as she goes in to hospital so im gonna have some time to throw back in it....Thanks for all the helpful info your givin...have a good en

cobra
07-16-2012, 07:40 PM
who did invent it?

John ,mmm invented the mauldulator ,him and one of his friends,who doesn't even radio,helped him design it .john has them made in japan.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks cobra mite be givin ya a call after the lil woman has the 2nd offspring, she is about 3 weeks from having her and thats got my rig on hold as of now, atleast till she is here anyways....Im taking a month off work as soon as she goes in to hospital so im gonna have some time to throw back in it....Thanks for all the helpful info your givin...have a good en

Any time man,like i said i'm just a dumb ass hillbilly ,but i'll help all i can...Ihope your rug rat is bornhealthy ,happy and safe ,and your wife makes it through ok....73's

07-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Can the radio be used with a regualr CB mic once the mauldulator is installed or is it useless without a PC and the appropriate software?

radio station x
07-16-2012, 09:27 PM
who did invent it?

As far as I know it was Billy Dean Williams.
Guys have been doing direct injection in amatuer radio for years.
Check out voodoo audio.
Those guys are serious Hifi.

cobra
07-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Can the radio be used with a regualr CB mic once the mauldulator is installed or is it useless without a PC and the appropriate software?

yeah the radio can still be used as stock, john will tell you step by step how to do it,no problem....

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know it was Billy Dean Williams.
Guys have been doing direct injection in amatuer radio for years.
Check out voodoo audio.
Those guys are serious Hifi.

Thats why he has that smooth mo town sound!!!!!!!! can you dig that SUCKA????? LOL...

Joedirt
07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
No one invented the direct injection, we just mod a CB radio for it. Hams and the broadcast industry have been feeding modulation transformers with rack gear since AM was invented. We just do the same thing with transistors. MMM takes it one step further with asymmetrical modulation so you can get the high positive peaks with no harmonic interference and unwanted distortion.

BOB85
07-18-2012, 01:41 AM
i know mmm and 45goldfinger, they are good & smart fellas, i enjoy talking to them but not been on paltalk for a long while.

Fireball sd/John denver
07-18-2012, 01:43 AM
1-800 Toll Free designed MMM Modafication Box And MMM only has the Box becuase he doesnt know how to do it on the radio.

1-800 toll free has the same Mod becuase he designed it and its a RCA Plug right in the Back of the radio I have 4 cobra;s all done like that it only Cost me $65 and he wide Banded the recieve also

-=PEAKABOO=-
07-18-2012, 01:56 AM
I like Toll Free, good guy, probably known him longer than you have so in saying this don't assume I am bashing because I know what he is capable of in the electronic world but I have to ask, are your radios capable of 200% positive modulation without distortion on the negative? Or are they just modified to direct feed the end of the transmit stage?

1-800 Toll Free designed MMM Modafication Box And MMM only has the Box becuase he doesnt know how to do it on the radio.

1-800 toll free has the same Mod becuase he designed it and its a RCA Plug right in the Back of the radio I have 4 cobra;s all done like that it only Cost me $65 and he wide Banded the recieve also

cobra
07-18-2012, 02:09 AM
DAMN, good question peak ,if it will i want one myself!!!!!!!

Road_Kill
07-18-2012, 02:24 AM
I like Toll Free, good guy, probably known him longer than you have so in saying this don't assume I am bashing because I know what he is capable of in the electronic world but I have to ask, are your radios capable of 200% positive modulation without distortion on the negative? Or are they just modified to direct feed the end of the transmit stage?

I saw this and was going to say something, but didn't. I said something about the Tram before the server crash.

TollFree always impressed me, so I suppose a guy can take a radio done up by just about anybody and trash the audio. Just because you have a good radio doesn't mean you know how to run it, IOW.

-=PEAKABOO=-
07-18-2012, 03:02 AM
I saw this and was going to say something, but didn't. I said something about the Tram before the server crash.

TollFree always impressed me, so I suppose a guy can take a radio done up by just about anybody and trash the audio. Just because you have a good radio doesn't mean you know how to run it, IOW.

I agree, toll is a smart dude, my point to fireball was are you sure it's the same scenario that rickety bones etc are running. Not sure what mmm is running, I heard him mention an optimod so not sure if he is running something basic as a transmitter or the "mauldulator"

cobra
07-18-2012, 03:28 AM
I agree, toll is a smart dude, my point to fireball was are you sure it's the same scenario that rickety bones etc are running. Not sure what mmm is running, I heard him mention an optimod so not sure if he is running something basic as a transmitter or the "mauldulator"

John is running a galaxy 2527 with a mauldulator in it ,he runs the mauldulator on all his radios...rickety buys the boards from mmm,john, they run about the same sessions files ,thats why they sound kinda alike.

Fireball sd/John denver
07-19-2012, 01:37 AM

If i Had a computer and softwhare or the ratt gear I could sound Just like MMM But i dont do it Thats why 1-800 stopped Putting the Feed on lol

But i got like 6 radios that have that Thing Just turn the dynamike down and yes it does the same thing as MMM

I remember when he designed it and right after that MMM started using them Boxes. 1-800 Helped Him design alittle but he never let him know How its done inside the radio.

I am not Bashing MMM at all Just was Letting others Know that MMM is not the only one with the mod and 1-800 has them cheaper thats all.

cobra
07-19-2012, 02:08 AM

Well your question still hasn't been answered yet ,peak i dont think anyone elses will run 200% without flat topping ......i run mine on about 175 % because most recievers arent capable of passing it. it has the base to it ,but thats the way i like it .if its too bassy on some one i just turn the tube immulation down...

- - - Updated - - -

And one more thing the mic gain isn't used any more ..i dont bash anyone elses rigs ...but to me mmm is the man . JD you have a damn good sounding station!!!! look foward to talking to you again on the air waves 113 snake in the grass ,on this hill billy hi fi we go 73s

Typhoon 632
07-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Fireball can you show us a picture of the asymmetrical processor in your radio that 1-800 Toll free does? I just wanted to makes sure it isn't a negative peak limiter he mentioned in the past:
http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/3diodeka.htm

If so, this mod prevents the negative peak from pinching but it doesn't allow a smooth compression like the mmm asymmetrical modulator.

Don't get me wrong. 1800 is a good guy who knows his stuff just curious on the modifications in your radio that is cheaper than mmm modulator.

-=PEAKABOO=-
07-19-2012, 03:10 AM
John is running a galaxy 2527 with a mauldulator in it ,he runs the mauldulator on all his radios...rickety buys the boards from mmm,john, they run about the same sessions files ,thats why they sound kinda alike.

I wasn't referring to the session files. I know what you mean though. I heard John mention an optiomod, this is a magical piece of equipment that will give you a super loud sound and still retain unwanted distortion.

-=PEAKABOO=-
07-19-2012, 03:16 AM
My point was that the mauldulator does more than allow wideband transmit, it also allows real high modulation with distortion on the negative sides. Direct feeding a radio with normal, poor mans rack gear will not do this. If you are not running rack gear or a computer and audio interface or breakaway box then you cannot do what mmm is doing. Again dont get me wrong, toll free is a cool cat but my question is not directed at him but to you and the fact that might be undereducated about the whole "hi-fi" thing. I know toll free is not and I want to make sure your not speaking for him in a clueless manner.

If i Had a computer and softwhare or the ratt gear I could sound Just like MMM But i dont do it Thats why 1-800 stopped Putting the Feed on lol

But i got like 6 radios that have that Thing Just turn the dynamike down and yes it does the same thing as MMM

I remember when he designed it and right after that MMM started using them Boxes. 1-800 Helped Him design alittle but he never let him know How its done inside the radio.

I am not Bashing MMM at all Just was Letting others Know that MMM is not the only one with the mod and 1-800 has them cheaper thats all.

-=PEAKABOO=-
07-19-2012, 03:18 AM
I agree with you 100% my above post may explain my point in this thread.

Well your question still hasn't been answered yet ,peak i dont think anyone elses will run 200% without flat topping ......i run mine on about 175 % because most recievers arent capable of passing it. it has the base to it ,but thats the way i like it .if its too bassy on some one i just turn the tube immulation down...

- - - Updated - - -

And one more thing the mic gain isn't used any more ..i dont bash anyone elses rigs ...but to me mmm is the man . JD you have a damn good sounding station!!!! look foward to talking to you again on the air waves 113 snake in the grass ,on this hill billy hi fi we go 73s

BOB85
07-19-2012, 06:28 AM
peak is right, the mmm box is not just direct injection,

ask who demonstrated what prime called the 4lb globe king in primes room, you will discover who started the current fad of direct injecting a plastic radio.

A365
07-19-2012, 08:49 AM
ukmudduck

Uniden68
07-19-2012, 09:13 AM

I find that really hard to believe. MMM isn't a backyard pot tuner...

Road_Kill
07-19-2012, 01:39 PM
200% modulation with nicely rounded peaks and valleys isn't hard at all, but that's just one component of a "HiFi" package.

Typhoon 632
07-19-2012, 02:07 PM
This is a good thread which many who desire clean sound find useful.
As for modulation, I question how important it is in excess of 100-125 positive peaks. I understand the importance of a fully 1:4 modulated carrier for not sounding in the mud, but still trying to understand why is 1:8 ratio desirable. I get that the voice is asymmetrical so you don't want to clip your transmitter. However if you are 1:4 to 1:6, why not just set your radio not to clip?

Road_Kill
07-19-2012, 02:35 PM
I can set my 2995 to run 200%+ and it still looks/sounds good, but I run it in the 120-140% range.

dave457
07-19-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.bswusa.com/Broadcast-On-Air-Processing-Inovonics-222-AM-Broadcast-Processor-P2977.aspx
http://www.aphex.com/aphex-products/320d-compellor/

cobra
07-19-2012, 08:33 PM
peak is right, the mmm box is not just direct injection,

ask who demonstrated what prime called the 4lb globe king in primes room, you will discover who started the current fad of direct injecting a plastic radio.

Thats what i try to explain to every one it's NOT just direct injection like everyone else is doing,it's built on ABOUT the same principle but it's a color of it's own!!!!

Fireball sd/John denver
07-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Man so many reply's i cant even reply to quote but ahahaha as for the Globe king 500 lol believe me the globe king 500 from ghettoway driver and the globe king 500 from prime is the same mod i have.

sorry to say that but i seen it Live and real meaning i was sitting their when both of them said they were running a globe king 500.

Prime only has the Globe King 500 only becuase he thought he could have that audio when he found out what the real deal was lol he had 1-800 toll free's modafication on the 148.

anyway to many questions that i can not answer i cant seam to keep up

cobra
07-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Iknow i got some kinda mess started ,lotta different opinions.to each his on!!!!! lotta good info though ,keep em coming guys .thats what makes it interesting!!!!!!!!!!

radio station x
07-20-2012, 11:07 AM

And just because it looks good on a scope doesn't mean it will sound good to everyone.
I have seen a well known guy run his radio the way he runs it, put it on a scope and see the negative peaks flatten out and clipped off. It sounded good. Then he adjusted that same radio for 200% positives with 95% negatives and it sounded weak and clean.
It's all in how you run what you have.

Typhoon 632
07-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Toll Free has a spectrum analyzer when he does his modification so he knows if his setup is pushing off frequency. That guy is highly recommended. You need to talk to Toll Free what your goal is.
If fireball will run his D104 and/or some equalization, he will have that "hifi" sound. As for the listening, you have to train your ear. Some distortion is pleasing for some and some will say the nasal mids are the cat's meow. Turn your AM radio to help train your ears. It is kind of neat how we talk shop about this. I just like there are movement for clean audio as oppose to the unnecessary bleed. As for me, I am not satisfied yet with my radios which makes this quest in a mobile a fun hobby.

-=PEAKABOO=-
07-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Toll Free has a spectrum analyzer when he does his modification so he knows if his setup is pushing off frequency. That guy is highly recommended. You need to talk to Toll Free what your goal is.
If fireball will run his D104 and/or some equalization, he will have that "hifi" sound. As for the listening, you have to train your ear. Some distortion is pleasing for some and some will say the nasal mids are the cat's meow. Turn your AM radio to help train your ears. It is kind of neat how we talk shop about this. I just like there are movement for clean audio as oppose to the unnecessary bleed. As for me, I am not satisfied yet with my radios which makes this quest in a mobile a fun hobby.

Need a thanks button in tapatalk!

-=PEAKABOO=-
07-20-2012, 11:56 AM

You should hear some of them on a flex receiver. Every am broadcaster has a different sound on that thing.

07-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Need a thanks button in tapatalk!

Can you tap the post and hit thanks? That's how mine works.

-=PEAKABOO=-
07-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Can you tap the post and hit thanks? That's how mine works.

You can if your smart like you, damn I can't believe I never noticed that.
About this weekend, tonight or tomorrow night or both your call.

07-20-2012, 12:42 PM
You can if your smart like you, damn I can't believe I never noticed that.
About this weekend, tonight or tomorrow night or both your call.

I say tonight and we'll figure the rest out later.

-=PEAKABOO=-
07-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I say tonight and we'll figure the rest out later.

Sounds like a plan.

BOB85
07-20-2012, 03:20 PM
the mmm box was originally going to be used to modulate a class AB amplifier, i sent 3 new 1pill 28v amps to prime for him and mmm to play with,
i demonstrated direct injection of an export in primes room after folk were saying you can't get bass from a plastic radio, no eq just bump it down played on my wifes ghetto blaster injected into an ar144 and received on my jrc 135 on wide am to prove any export can do bass & trebble, i sent the recording to prime & john, prime called it a 4lb globe king,
then john did his cobra 2000 using the mmm box and called it a 5lb globe king,
shortly after that every tom dick & harry were doing direct injection,

toll-free told me he'd done the modulated amp deal in the past, he also posted a npc mod or similar for inside radio's which i think was his own mod,

i don't know who invented what in the usa,
i have been doing my own audio mods on cb's rx & tx audio chain and swapping filters modding mic amps for locals since 1981.

- - - Updated - - -

the mmm box was originally going to be used to modulate a class AB amplifier, i sent 3 new 1pill 28v amps to prime for him and mmm to play with,
i demonstrated direct injection of an export in primes room after folk were saying you can't get bass from a plastic radio, no eq just bump it down played on my wifes ghetto blaster injected into an ar144 and received on my jrc 135 on wide am to prove any export can do bass & trebble, i sent the recording to prime & john, prime called it a 4lb globe king,
then john did his cobra 2000 using the mmm box and called it a 5lb globe king,
shortly after that every tom dick & harry were doing direct injection,

toll-free told me he'd done the modulated amp deal in the past, he also posted a npc mod or similar for inside radio's which i think was his own mod,

i don't know who invented what in the usa,
i have been doing my own audio mods on cb's rx & tx audio chain and swapping filters modding mic amps for locals since 1981.

cobra
07-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Mabey you need to put something out on the market ,if it works better than MMM's i'll be glad to buy one.we'll call it bob the builders bump down box!!!!!!

A365
07-20-2012, 07:05 PM
It's about time to pull the Sharp CB5470 out of the closet for HiFi audio tweak :laughing:

BOB85
07-20-2012, 07:44 PM
lol im not into hifi am nor have i built an asymetrical modulator like johns, we use fm & ssb,
all i did was inject some audio directly into the modulator to show an export ( plastic radio ) can make bass & trebble to a handfull of people,
john already had a prototype modulator to drive an amplifier, i don't know who came up with the mmm design, its not just injecting audio into the am reg/mod, later on i learned from toll-free that he had experimented with modulating an amplifier some years ago.

Mabey you need to put something out on the market ,if it works better than MMM's i'll be glad to buy one.we'll call it bob the builders bump down box!!!!!!

HiDef
07-20-2012, 08:15 PM
lol im not into hifi am nor have i built an asymetrical modulator like johns, we use fm & ssb,
all i did was inject some audio directly into the modulator to show an export ( plastic radio ) can make bass & trebble to a handfull of people,
john already had a prototype modulator to drive an amplifier, i don't know who came up with the mmm design, its not just injecting audio into the am reg/mod, later on i learned from toll-free that he had experimented with modulating an amplifier some years ago.

No need for asymmetrical happy gizmos when you introduce lows into the audio. Decent low end response automatically brings asymmetrical audio when polarized correctly.

The balanced modulator partially unbalanced for carrier re-insertion works out in practice to be one of the more forgiving methods of producing full bodied high quality AM.

It cannot over modulate in the negative direction.

07-21-2012, 05:51 PM
them waves look kinda funny

Typhoon 632
07-21-2012, 07:30 PM
hahahaha 631 I was visiting your you tube and you had some wild video with positive peaks. After HiDef put us in our place, we all quiet down here and just happy with 100% :laughing:

BOB85
07-21-2012, 10:04 PM
what is the widest AM filter you have known work ok injecting the bm for AM, i have a choice 4kc 15kc or 6kc if i hard wire it in?.

No need for asymmetrical happy gizmos when you introduce lows into the audio. Decent low end response automatically brings asymmetrical audio when polarized correctly.

The balanced modulator partially unbalanced for carrier re-insertion works out in practice to be one of the more forgiving methods of producing full bodied high quality AM.

It cannot over modulate in the negative direction.

HiDef
07-24-2012, 04:18 PM
what is the widest AM filter you have known work ok injecting the bm for AM, i have a choice 4kc 15kc or 6kc if i hard wire it in?.

No filter at all and stagger tuning the I.F. : )

All the audio shaping can be done at audio level with DSP.

Otherwise 6 khz is too narrow even with excellent shape factor. An 8 KC Collins R390A mechanical filter is great for a crowded band but a little more BW makes a difference.

BOB85
07-24-2012, 05:01 PM
i will have a play with the 15kc filter i put in one of my old ar144's when i can get to my bench, then all i need is a new voice:laughing:

HiDef
07-24-2012, 07:29 PM
i will have a play with the 15kc filter i put in one of my old ar144's when i can get to my bench, then all i need is a new voice:laughing:

Another 2 months and it should be showtime again.

Typhoon 632
08-05-2012, 05:15 AM
I keep coming back to this about the balance modulator and just studying some stuff tonight.
http://www.bruhns.us/APL/APL.html Good reading for those who like studying.

Got a question, testing with a 1000 Hz sine wave is symmetrical where as the voice is asymmetrical. Am I correct?
So if through processing such as mmm modulator or NPC shows a sine wave as asymmetrical by processing.... is that good? Will the other end hear that as distortion?

08-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Do you have to upgrage the sound card in your PC to get the most out of the pro tools software?

Road_Kill
08-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I try to get asymmetry with a sine wave as well, just don't go crazy with it because certain voice syllables will peak way higher.

radio station x
08-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Do you have to upgrage the sound card in your PC to get the most out of the pro tools software?

It does help a lot.
Mainly due to the drivers and parameters that you can adjust on your sound card to work with protools. I chose an audigy 2zs with Midi, optical input and output, rca input and outputs along with the standard 1/4 in and 1/8 in jack input and outputs so I can patch in phone calls, paltalk conversations.
I went overkill and a good quality sound card will work fine. I just liked being able to have skip in 7.1 surround sound.

cobra
08-06-2012, 10:39 PM
hey 543 heres a program to try to get you started . it's called voice shapper and it's a free down load and it works real well . you need xp to run it , and i think it will run on 7 also . it has a 7 band eq ,compressor ,clip and limeter . i ran it for awhile until i went to pro tools , and the mauldulator . give it a try . a mixer and studio mike ,with the voice shapper program will give you plenty to play with for awhile.

HiDef
08-06-2012, 11:13 PM
I keep coming back to this about the balance modulator and just studying some stuff tonight.
http://www.bruhns.us/APL/APL.html Good reading for those who like studying.

Got a question, testing with a 1000 Hz sine wave is symmetrical where as the voice is asymmetrical. Am I correct?
So if through processing such as mmm modulator or NPC shows a sine wave as asymmetrical by processing.... is that good? Will the other end hear that as distortion?

I ran into the author of that article in 1990 on the air. It the time I was using a Johnson Ranger/SB-220 modulated with a Crest Audio 4001, 3 diode ultramodulator and some audio gear. He really liked the 200% plus positive peaks. I got a whole 180 watts carrier out of the Heath SB220 and over 1500 watts P.E.P. with 12 watts carrier drive from the Ranger.

Bacon has since disappeared from the airwaves.

radio station x
08-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Hidef,
Is he or has he become a silent key? Do you know anyone that knows?

HiDef
08-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Hidef,
Is he or has he become a silent key? Do you know anyone that knows?

He's still alive and posts on AMFOE er uh AMFONE.

I've only heard him on the air once since he moved away from the Island of Long.

Very sharp person.

radio station x
08-06-2012, 11:28 PM
I also know a fellow that has spoken with him as well.
Nothing but interesting and intrigueing things.

08-07-2012, 07:59 AM
hey 543 heres a program to try to get you started . it's called voice shapper and it's a free down load and it works real well . you need xp to run it , and i think it will run on 7 also . it has a 7 band eq ,compressor ,clip and limeter . i ran it for awhile until i went to pro tools , and the mauldulator . give it a try . a mixer and studio mike ,with the voice shapper program will give you plenty to play with for awhile.

Will definitely look into that. Thanks.

dave457
09-16-2012, 05:08 PM
WoW... Big time $ for the Mauldulator
http://www.deepsouthradios.com/forum/showthread.php?17968-MMM-Mauldulator&p=39463#post39463

09-16-2012, 05:26 PM
he said "sign wave"

yeah.........thats the guy I want showing me how to run my radio..... geez.....:dry:

Typhoon 632
09-16-2012, 06:46 PM
WoW... Big time $ for the Mauldulator
http://www.deepsouthradios.com/forum/showthread.php?17968-MMM-Mauldulator&p=39463#post39463

Ricky bones time is $100.00. $100.00 for AC transformers running at milliamps. Relays and plugs for $100.00 (now that has to be pure gold plugs) And the cost for the MMM mauldulator is $300.00. Now I am for people not being free and making some cash, but you better buy the mauldulator from motormouthmaul directly since it is cheaper and he never quoted me those extra mark ups. Get rid of the middle man.

Protools for $650.00. Okay lets admit this. This is 11 meter not a recording studio. If you got it, great but spending that much money for a computer based program for cb is crazy. I just bought a DSP9024 that has compression, harmonics to make us pretend to hear the highs and lows for under 50.00 from ebay.

Road_Kill
09-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I want to know if anyone has ever tried THIS (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DSP1124P.aspx)

09-16-2012, 07:16 PM
I want to know if anyone has ever tried THIS (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DSP1124P.aspx)

I hope not

A365
09-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Mauldulator is between $250.00 & $300.00 directly from MMM,no extra charge for customer education,assistance or help

He even tell you the specs for the extra parts and where to find them if you are handy with electronics

ie: a $4.00 Crystal Filter for $25.00 to $35.00 bucks,can you see what is going on ?

Just go straight to the source and bypass the middle man if you up to the challenge or paid the middle man for his "expertise"

Road_Kill
09-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I hope not

Why? I always wanted to try a parametric EQ.

09-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Ricky bones time is $100.00. $100.00 for AC transformers running at milliamps. Relays and plugs for $100.00 (now that has to be pure gold plugs) And the cost for the MMM mauldulator is $300.00. Now I am for people not being free and making some cash, but you better buy the mauldulator from motormouthmaul directly since it is cheaper and he never quoted me those extra mark ups. Get rid of the middle man.

Protools for $650.00. Okay lets admit this. This is 11 meter not a recording studio. If you got it, great but spending that much money for a computer based program for cb is crazy. I just bought a DSP9024 that has compression, harmonics to make us pretend to hear the highs and lows for under 50.00 from ebay.
9024 works real well, it's the "poor man's optimod"

09-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Why? I always wanted to try a parametric EQ.

get a real parametric eq, I wouldnt fuck with that thing. If you get it and love it I'll be very suprised.

Typhoon 632
09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Hey 631, hooked that yamaha to the davemade. Let me search that live recording you did. Now that had some nice fidelity evening coming through stock laptop computer speakers

555 -N- Da Horn
09-16-2012, 08:29 PM
how much for the MMM????
oh never mind i see what you got
when i called i asked for the entire setup
it was alot more than the 200 plus bucks
that wouldnt even get the mic that was coming
good stuff though

09-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Hey 631, hooked that yamaha to the davemade. Let me search that live recording you did. Now that had some nice fidelity evening coming through stock laptop computer speakers

Make a dropbox account and i can send u some recordings from work. I have even better ones then the one i posted a while back

blackdog
10-02-2012, 09:51 AM

“Vacuum-state Thermionic Devices” give me a chub i luv my valves

Typhoon 632
10-02-2012, 11:05 AM
yo 631! where is my music bud!

cobra
10-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh leave him alone he's making horn ...DAMN IT BOY ...lol

Blackfoot
10-24-2012, 05:52 PM

How much do they cost?

dave457
10-24-2012, 05:56 PM
http://www.deepsouthradios.com/forum/showthread.php?17968-MMM-Mauldulator/page6

10-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Mauldulator + horn :)

Blackfoot
10-24-2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.deepsouthradios.com/forum/showthread.php?17968-MMM-Mauldulator/page6

Thanks Dave.

Typhoon 632
10-25-2012, 01:56 AM
How much do they cost?
send John a message directly if you want his setup.
http://www.motormouthmaul.com/

Rickety Bones
10-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

I have been reading all the posts on this thread, some correct some not, if anyone still has questions please ask and I will try to answer.

Rickety

10-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Pro tools requires you to use their external hardwareinstead of your computers sound card. The mbox is a sound card .... If you wanna think of it that way.

Rickety Bones
10-29-2012, 11:49 AM
That is correct, the mbox mini is a USB sound card if your using pro tools 8.xx or lower, if using pro tools 9.xx and higher you can use any interface but this version of pro tools requires the use of a I-loc which means we can not share session files or VST files. and that really sucks !!!!!

Joedirt
10-29-2012, 11:58 AM
That is correct, the mbox mini is a USB sound card if your using pro tools 8.xx or lower, if using pro tools 9.xx and higher you can use any interface but this version of pro tools requires the use of a I-loc which means we can not share session files or VST files. and that really sucks !!!!!

Really? That does suck! I know a friend of mine has a VST unwrapper for Pro-Tools. So your saying if you upgrade that wouldn't work either?

Go lexicon/Cubase I guess, I couldn't live without my VST's

10-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Just use your ears guys........ There are tons of good plugins. You dont have to use what mmm uses.

Rickety Bones
10-29-2012, 12:18 PM
I would agree with that, after all it all comes down to " what it sounds like "

Me personally I have tried rack gear, plug ins, Ipods, commercial broadcast equipment, etc. etc. etc. and they all work very well. some are easy to set up some are hard, some reject RF good others don't. Some allow complete overall control, some are limited in control.

to me, and just my opinion, pro tools is the least expensive, most controllable and rejects RF the best and is the easiest to run.

Just my opinion.

But like you said, all that really matters is what it sounds like.

Rick

- - - Updated - - -

Really? That does suck! I know a friend of mine has a VST unwrapper for Pro-Tools. So your saying if you upgrade that wouldn't work either?

Go lexicon/Cubase I guess, I couldn't live without my VST's

yea joedirt, they really locking up pro tools. I have a couple of customers that have purchased PT 10, and they " told me " that my PT 9.xx session files wont work.

Now I can not confirm this as I do not have PT 10, and I have not tried myself.

I can tell you that PT 9.xx and higher requires a i-Loc to run,

If you happen to find out differently please let me know.

Thanks Rick