PDA

View Full Version : Just take a minute and take this Diabetes Risk Test

JesseJamesNEC
03-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi all, I have diabetes which many already know, but do you know what YOUR risk of getting Diabetes is? Diabetes in no fun, so I urge you to take the quick test at the link below, it could save you alot of "misery" in the future! Trust me on this!

http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/prevention/diabetes-risk-test/?utm_source=Homepage&utm_medium=SitePromotion1&utm_campaign=RISK

MoJo
03-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I can attest to the no fucking fun part.

On the upside I now know why I was sick all the time.

JesseJamesNEC
03-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Yeah it sure does "Rain on yer Parade" some days, but once you learn to do a few things living with it gets a LITTLE easier, just gotta always test your sugar levels at least 4 times a day! I know it sucks but ya get used to it! :) mine is controlled by diet, no diabetes meds, of course I have meds for everything else diabetes brings with it, high blood pressure, neuropathy, high cholesterol, etc etc. but hey, ya gotta do it or the consequences REALLY SUCK! amputations, kidney failure, and the list goes on!

rifleman223
03-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Yea...

I came down with type 1 in my mid 40's. Have to shoot insulin 3 times a day. But, I am a lot healthier now, lost 80 lbs., stopped getting shitfaced drunk....

It is a life changing experience, but it can be for the better !!!

Ron

JesseJamesNEC
03-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Yes, it DOES change your life! but like you said, it CAN change SOME THINGS for the better, not ALL, but some things! :)

rifleman223
03-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Before I got Diabetes I never saw a doctor, now I go at least 3 times a year.

Two years ago if it was not for me seeing my doctor often, I would never caught the Pancreatic cancer in time, and I would not be here now !!!

Ron

woodchuck
06-19-2010, 10:50 AM
I should but I don't know if I would want that along with multiple sclerosis I got enough problems with that.

Marcel
06-19-2010, 11:00 AM
I should but I don't know if I would want that along with multiple sclerosis I got enough problems with that.Sometimes its not a choice. It may be inherited or even associated with existing health issues

woodchuck
06-20-2010, 09:28 AM
well I took the test came out type 2 damn near in a wheel chair now with MS already getting SSDI so I guess my Doc should test me nah