User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    radio station x is offline Skilled Mauldropper DX Numbers: why Home Channel: locked on 6
    Radio
    Galaxy c-4 plastic, base: SCK Tetrode Tube Mobile: DaveMade DC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 631 View Post
    Lol you wereproud of that thing when you first posted it, thinking it was the shit, obviously you didnt know shit. Know you are and expert and know all about whats wrong. Thats good, glad youre getting your learn on. But its still quite funny. Show them the after, with the whole board flowed with solder... it looks funny, I was like WTF when I saw it. Bet that box gets up now.
    That 8 pill rocks like none other. I told the boys I wouldnt post pictures of the after since it has a few new mods done to it. If I get the head nod to post pics of it I will. The silver B- board is crazy looking, I should have told them to just replace it however at least this one is unique. The box weights a ton now but after I got it all dialed in and have the proper fans on it, she never gets hot at 20 volts. To bad mobile boss dropped off the face of the earth and wont call me back. Hope he is doing ok.

There are some that do and some that can't. Reputation is everything.
    Crossing the RUBICON is a one way ticket.

radio station x is offline Skilled Mauldropper DX Numbers: why Home Channel: locked on 6
    Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the first thing Bbi ever did for me.
    He built this 2 pill from scratch and my wife bought it for me as a birthday present without my knowledge. This was before the 8 pill disgrace. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349648036.779425.jpg
    Notice the wire draped over the transformer going to the air variable.

Radio
    Old Junk that smells of dust
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Those are mica caps

Quote Originally Posted by radio station x View Post
    Nobody else noticed he was not consistant with the mylar caps on the transformers of the 2 pill sections? Some he used a pair in parallel and some he only used 1. Guess he ran out of the singles in correct values.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10 Gauge View Post
    I'm sorry bro. I found out the hard way that dude likes to suck dicks and get his buttfuck on when he tried to seduce me in his radio shack... He put on some high heels, lipstick and let down that long nappy hair of his and told me to get brown. I was like nahhhh bro, you're not my type, sorry dawg, gotta get going.

Trying not to choke on that 10 ohm smoke.

Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BBI is clueless when it comes to solid state RF amps. Just because someone sounds good means nothing, he is attempting to copy working designs but his quality control and his "upgrades" make the amp trashy out of tune splatter box.
    Quote Originally Posted by 850 View Post
    Fuck you Typhoon it was someone on here who originally recommended him to me when I asked where to find someone in Idaho who could do amp work. There are plenty of people out there who I have actually heard on the air that have no problems with his work and where the fuck are those you say I should heed thier warnings, nowhere, buncha back quiet mudducks to weak to speak so I should believe them? About all I believe anymore from Mauldroppers members is there is a good chance they are just here to see broken jars in guys asses and 2 girls eat shit soufflet and spew thier verbal diarehha.....fine fuckin people to take advice from.
    I'm sorry bro. I found out the hard way that dude likes to suck dicks and get his buttfuck on when he tried to seduce me in his radio shack... He put on some high heels, lipstick and let down that long nappy hair of his and told me to get brown. I was like nahhhh bro, you're not my type, sorry dawg, gotta get going.

Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I was on crack I might entertain the notion that the guy would shit in his own backyard, like I said time will tell.
    Time has already told.

6. Thanks Crusher thanked for this post
    julthree is online now Kut Off ! DX Numbers: L0lz Home Channel: 19
    Radio
    2 Watt 68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by radio station x View Post
    That 8 pill rocks like none other. I told the boys I wouldnt post pictures of the after since it has a few new mods done to it. If I get the head nod to post pics of it I will. The silver B- board is crazy looking, I should have told them to just replace it however at least this one is unique. The box weights a ton now but after I got it all dialed in and have the proper fans on it, she never gets hot at 20 volts. To bad mobile boss dropped off the face of the earth and wont call me back. Hope he is doing ok.
    Lolzzz new and what's next in technology, and more. YO I have a PITBULL sittin next 2 me Attachment 9755
    Last edited by julthree; 10-08-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Radio
    Dx99v
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update.............trimmer caps needed to be replaced with regular caps cause vibration in log truck made them move and lost watts. Ran good until my jumper got moved was bad and shorted, lost 5 pills. Sent back to BBI along with Ar-3500 that was low watts. BBI fixed radio and amp gave me a couple sections of good coax, 3 $30 caps and a couple resistors and only asked for me to cover the cost of the ride home.............Still a good guy in my book.

Radio
    Gets the job done
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I really want to fuck with you on this but I wont.. Glad you are back up and running.

I cant stop anyone else's I told you so's and the like tho.

Adjustable trimmers IMHO are only used for on the bench tweaking and once in the right place, removed and measured. Then fixed values added in its place.

GL with it
    Everyone who complains about DEI's not making the same watts or not taking volts etc is an asshole.
    ~L1

I approve my post.

10. Thanks Crusher, radio station x, Curley thanked for this post
    Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default My big bad ass BBi amp build

Update.............trimmer caps needed to be replaced with regular caps cause vibration in log truck made them move and lost watts. Ran good until my jumper got moved was bad and shorted, lost 5 pills. Sent back to BBI along with Ar-3500 that was low watts. BBI fixed radio and amp gave me a couple sections of good coax, 3 $30 caps and a couple resistors and only asked for me to cover the cost of the ride home.............Still a good guy in my book.
    Assuming the caps he sent you were to replace the trimmers, how did he know what value to send? If he knew the value in the first place then why the trimmers?

12. Thanks Crusher thanked for this post
    Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My big bad ass BBi amp build

He guesses.
    That's how he does stuff. A little luck goes a long ways until it runs out and burns a customer. Buy a ton of trimmer caps in bulk and never have to buy set values must save him money in building.
    Shaking my head in disbelief. Bbi will never learn.

Radio
    Dx99v
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops I forgot to specify the caps he sent were for the high voltage section in my tuber, the trimmers are original design. Stresstest you can fuck with me all you want I enjoy a good ribbing every now and then. X, you just might be right....lol. Anyhow, he did tell me this box will fail again because of what it is and the heat factor from what we did to it, way to cover his ass? Could be. I knew the title of this thread would ruffle feathers especially Stresstest's thats why I originally posted it just for some good fun. I don't honestly consider BBI to posses any superior skills to any other builder or be a pro or anything just reporting the facts from my experience.

Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understood,
    I do not nor ever claim to be a builder. I fix and tinker with tubes because its fun.
    My situation with him was unique and I think he got in over his head.
    I asked for a purpose built competition 8 pill, even if it required a full strip down and do over. What I got was just plain crazy.
    If someone asked me for a fully rebuilt tube box I would say I'm not up for it. I can troubleshoot and test bad components and in some instances beef up a few parts (when needed).
    Fixing broken is'nt hard for most technicians worth their salt. Building a full on purpose built box, or redoing the full box takes a level of understanding RF that he does not have.
    I would pay to see the inside of one of his tube "fixed" boxes.

Radio
    Dx99v
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much you willing to pay? I have one....lol. My first ever dealings with him I had bought a dc Afterburner on ebay that had some parts loose and/or broken in shipping. I probably could have fixed it myself if I wanted to identify and find values on parts and then try to find some but I needed a driver asap. You could look for free but for some reason when I click upload pics it does nothing.

Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will stay tuned.

Radio
    Gets the job done
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

850, when this thread we rollin when you posted it and X and I were taking bets on how long it would last. We both guessed in the 2-5 keys, so neither of us won. But I am really not surprised it went. The most interesting thing in this thread to me, is your honestly and telling it. That's some top shelf character to me.

Anyway, who's taking bets on the next run??? lol

Anyhow, he did tell me this box will fail again because of what it is and the heat factor from what we did to it, way to cover his ass? Could be.
    Is there any doubt?
    Everyone who complains about DEI's not making the same watts or not taking volts etc is an asshole.
    ~L1

I approve my post.

19. Thanks radio station x, Beercanman, becareless06 thanked for this post
    Radio
    Dx99v
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my mottos has always been "you aint got to lie to kick it"

emo is offline Apprentice Mauldropper DX Numbers: 1 Home Channel: 6
    Radio
    more radios than you!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow!

Radio
    Dx99v
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally after moving and busy working got box in truck, kicked ass all day long @ 850-900 pep and never got hot....Bbi' s still my man.

Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Finally after moving and busy working got box in truck, kicked ass all day long @ 850-900 pep and never got hot....Bbi' s still my man.
    Is that 8 2879's in the final section?

Radio
    Dx99v
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 2879 driving 8

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast