Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fatboy vs. Xforce

I still like turtles.

Sent from my Davemade powerd HTC EVO.

MrMechanic is a cry baby and 76Midnight's wife has a nice ASS .....

GreyGator is offline Skilled Mauldropper DX Numbers: 3200 Home Channel: 28
    Radio
    connex cx-4300-300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fatboy vs. Xforce

Yep

Sent from my homebrew wooden jungle box using morse code.
    If you're lost can you really look within yourself to find direction?
    If you need help with your radio ask here, your car ask a mechanic.
    If you need help with your life ask the one who gives life!

Sprinter is offline Motor City Plumber DX Numbers: 929 Home Channel: DX 28~local 1
    Radio
    Cobra 29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your unlucky enuff to obtain an xfarce, then immediately send it off to be worked over so it will keep up or last. I seen a dozen or so in a pile not worth repairing according to the tech. He gave me 2 for parts or messing with and the case and heat sink are about all that's worth saving. Different transformers in same models, clads in a couple micas or blue n orange ceramics on others. I know one thing for sure, I've never heard anyone say they wish they would've bought "X" brand amp instead of a davemade anything. I would like to see or learn more about stroker amps. When you wanna spend some hard earned money (especially now a days) you wanna know your builder puts in the passion and attention to a good build like peak Has a reputation for. Not this assembly line wham bam crap. Sorry to make your head swell more Peak ,but peace of mind has a fair price too. If Jokers were still available most of these kinda threads wouldn't exist.
    Crusin' an unmolested Cobra 29 exciting the Dave Made 2-2290's X12, Powered by Leece and monitored by a LP-100A. Arcing via Predator Bad to the Bone 17". 700-1200pep of truth

4. Thanks Crusher, becareless06 thanked for this post
    radio station x is offline Skilled Mauldropper DX Numbers: why Home Channel: locked on 6
    Radio
    Galaxy c-4 plastic, base: SCK Tetrode Tube Mobile: DaveMade DC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's wrong with the x force dave copy boxes?

There are some that do and some that can't. Reputation is everything.
    Crossing the RUBICON is a one way ticket.

Beavis is offline Keyin On All Yall Bitches DX Numbers: 417 Home Channel: 28,19,
    Radio
    Cobra 29LX, Davemade 1x4, MM9 Antenna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have a Midnight Special 500 (4x1446 pills) and trust me, you DO NOT want a midnight special anything. They get hot as hell in a matter minutes and I've only seen a few that didn't have input tuning issues. Save you're money & don't go the cheap route. This is one of those times where "you get what you pay for". If you just have you heart set on Xforce then get a TNT box. Fatboy boxes are pretty good. Davemade is the top of the line if you ask me. They're top notch quality & have a reputation all their own. As the saying goes, "the gold is what puts them all on hold". That's my .02˘

Sent From My Davemade™ Android Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-400 View Post
    If a radio needs a "power mic" to modulate then its time you got a decent radio

7. Thanks 619NJ, egore thanked for this post
    spacecricket is offline skiptalkin junkie DX Numbers: 558 Home Channel: WAAF in boston
    Radio
    something your momma warned you about !!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

fatboy has better quality than x-force, used both,,, fatboy pill for pill out performs x-force.. brimstone is about the same level as fatboy... then when your ready to big a grown-up, you buy a davemade and be done with it !
    WHO ORDERED THE TUBESTEAK ?

9. Thanks radio station x thanked for this post
    Crusher is offline Pro Mauldropper DX Numbers: 2190 Home Channel: the trax
    Radio
    Grant XL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up to a 1x4, I'd say all 3 are about to the same. But after that were the tuning is more involved using the inductance coil and capacitor matching. From worst to best, I'd say Xforce, Fatboy and then DM. I think DM spends a little more time fine tuning. The thing is when you have an assembly line I don't think the time is put in as you should. When it somes to components, you can't skimp. I have seen good or bad from any of ther above builders. I think right now, DM has best quality control if its coming from Joe. Fatboy is not bad, but Charger likes to swamp the input more on his stuff and you may not see the watts you would out of DM. Lately I have been seeing some of Fatboys stuff and they have been changing designs some. Not sure if they are messing with the mix on of ferrite or just using what they have laying around.

11. Thanks 543, -=PEAKABOO=-, egore thanked for this post
    poorboy is offline Apprentice Mauldropper DX Numbers: 1950 Home Channel: 19
    Radio
    cobra 25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only thing i can say about it is whatever one you go with (i have both Xforce in my mobile, and fat boy in the base) get the box with variable power. they all pretty much come standard with that, but worth having in the back of your mind.

Radio
    Magnum S-6, 4 pill, 10k comp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? the only amp i ever had with a variable stayed wide open anyway.. i'd rather have independent stages myself

14. Thanks Sprinter, Foodstamp, Ghost Rider, A365 thanked for this post
    egore is offline Apprentice Mauldropper DX Numbers: 325 Home Channel: 19, 14 and 13
    Radio
    random shit i found barely working
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with variable. Even though I run them all wide open I like variable invade I wanna use it to drive something then I can turn it down. And I'm definetly a fave made fan but never saw a difference between save made and fatboy other then price. Never delt with joe either from dm only Chris through email. I definetly am a bigger fan of gold but I don't know anyone to actually have Dave part of my Dave made.

spacecricket is offline skiptalkin junkie DX Numbers: 558 Home Channel: WAAF in boston
    Radio
    something your momma warned you about !!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

still love my 3 pill intruder....and any other amp i use to lay HORN !!!
    WHO ORDERED THE TUBESTEAK ?

double xl is offline Mature Mud Duck DX Numbers: 0001 Home Channel: 6 /11 /26
    Radio
    148 949 all driving 2x8 32 pill
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egore View Post
    I agree with variable. Even though I run them all wide open I like variable invade I wanna use it to drive something then I can turn it down. And I'm definetly a fave made fan but never saw a difference between save made and fatboy other then price. Never delt with joe either from dm only Chris through email. I definetly am a bigger fan of gold but I don't know anyone to actually have Dave part of my Dave made.
    truth is amp questions ,or radio question, you will get alot of different answers, only because people like what they like.buy what you think you might like and have fun with it.

Radio
    Magnum S-6, 4 pill, 10k comp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well to not ask the opinions would be ignorant.. asking opinions is great, but you should take for what they are, not facts written in stone...after all this is the internet... it's up to the person asking to take these opinions with a grain of salt, notice and ignore the bandcampers, and use the intel gathered to make an intelligent decision FOR THEMSELVES using whats been layed out infront of them... There are alot of people out there making junk and using it to lighten others wallets left and right, finding an honest businessman who actually cares about the product they put out and the customer they sell it to in this hobby, isn't always an easy thing to find.. as far as im concerned ask away... youll probably get more feedback than you wanted, but dont expect everyone else to do the work for you, do a little research of your own and make and educated decision.

Okay enough ranting, carry on everyone

19. Thanks double xl thanked for this post
    Radio
    Old Junk that smells of dust
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by radio station x View Post
    What's wrong with the x force dave copy boxes?
    Quality control and cut corners. Anyone that uses Warlock /Rolling Radios as there national rep should have their business head checked.
    I was there when the original dave rip off happened, when xforce started. The original guy that built them couldn't troubleshoot a texas star one pill but the quality control wasn't to bad. It has slowly went down over the years. A good example would be the small sheet metal screws used to mount the pills. I have a coffee cup full of these from replacing them over the years. There is also a personal vendetta that those dudes started years ago as an attempt to increase their sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10 Gauge View Post
    I'm sorry bro. I found out the hard way that dude likes to suck dicks and get his buttfuck on when he tried to seduce me in his radio shack... He put on some high heels, lipstick and let down that long nappy hair of his and told me to get brown. I was like nahhhh bro, you're not my type, sorry dawg, gotta get going.

Trying not to choke on that 10 ohm smoke.

21. Thanks egore thanked for this post
    WT849 is offline Walkie Talkie DX Numbers: 849 Home Channel: 28, 40
    Radio
    2985 driving 2x6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I run a 2pill, 3pill and a 6pill all from destroyeramps.com for quite awhile now. love the quality and performance

23. Thanks egore thanked for this post
    Radio
    rabbi molested 68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skidrow View Post
    I would put my 667 against any 1x4 xfarce and make someone blow it to hell trying to beat it.. As far as the midnight notso special's pure junk... And davemade was not mentioned smart ass read before you make an ass of your self....
    Mustang's been making an ass of himself for years..in a good way..listening to him and 007 play karaoke music and all other kinds of stuff kept us entertained for years around the shore..

stealth is offline Apprentice Mauldropper DX Numbers: 231
    Radio
    Magnum 257, TNT HD 600 amp, 102 whip
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    If you just have you heart set on Xforce then get a TNT box.
    That's comforting to hear....was thinking of springing for a TNT box to use on the SSB. Unless there's better for SSB.

Beavis is offline Keyin On All Yall Bitches DX Numbers: 417 Home Channel: 28,19,
    Radio
    Cobra 29LX, Davemade 1x4, MM9 Antenna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    That's comforting to hear....was thinking of springing for a TNT box to use on the SSB. Unless there's better for SSB.
    I honestly don't know what brand of amp is best for ssb use. Maybe someone else on here can point you in the right direction.

Sent From My Davemade™ Android Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-400 View Post
    If a radio needs a "power mic" to modulate then its time you got a decent radio

stealth is offline Apprentice Mauldropper DX Numbers: 231
    Radio
    Magnum 257, TNT HD 600 amp, 102 whip
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I honestly don't know what brand of amp is best for ssb use. Maybe someone else on here can point you in the right direction.
    Thanks. I've heard Texas Star or maybe RM Italy, even though they don't give you as much bang for the buck.

Radio
    Galaxy dx959, A99, Xforcetnt250 loafin'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    Thanks. I've heard Texas Star or maybe RM Italy, even though they don't give you as much bang for the buck.
    I'm running an xforce 2 pill (2290) gets good reports on sideband.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast