Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 90 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate to support this site...

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: anytone uv5888

  1. #1
    redbeard's Avatar
    redbeard is offline Mauldropper DX Numbers: 335 Home Channel: 14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Whitney tx
    Radio
    dx44 667v fs4
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default anytone uv5888

    Pros cons any body got one or have owned one ?


    Due to price of ammunition no warning shots

  2. #2
    4-400's Avatar
    4-400 is offline superlaxative shitmixer DX Numbers: KZ01 Home Channel: 144.200 usb
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    in ya mom
    Radio
    ham on bone
    Posts
    10,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    pros :works great ..nice tx and rx easy to program with pc ..other wise similar to the single band At588 units i already use

    cons: like all dual band radios i have ever tested ....cross mod interference from signals not on the same band >example i was getting the local marine station that transmits on ch16 vhf marine band heard clearly on all uhf frequencies each time it transmitted .(i dont get this same interference on any other rig i use be it yaesu/baofeng/at588/at288/at289g/motorola )

    sold it rather quickly after that as my main use was uhf band for our local uhf cb radio channels on 476.425-477.415mhz

    cross band repeater mode was cool ..kinda missed that but the interference was bad to the point turn it off as it would trigger the repeater into transmitting the interference.
    the unit i had was the latest version of the 5888uv

    your mileage may vary
    Quote Originally Posted by -=PEAKABOO=- View Post
    I detect shenanigans somewhere in this thread and my eyes hurt.

    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
    paradox of a misanthropist :They tell you to be yourself ,then they judge you

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Workin The Panhandle State
    Radio
    lots of junk
    Posts
    1,306
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4-400 View Post
    pros :works great ..nice tx and rx easy to program with pc ..other wise similar to the single band At588 units i already use

    cons: like all dual band radios i have ever tested ....cross mod interference from signals not on the same band >example i was getting the local marine station that transmits on ch16 vhf marine band heard clearly on all uhf frequencies each time it transmitted .(i dont get this same interference on any other rig i use be it yaesu/baofeng/at588/at288/at289g/motorola )

    sold it rather quickly after that as my main use was uhf band for our local uhf cb radio channels on 476.425-477.415mhz

    cross band repeater mode was cool ..kinda missed that but the interference was bad to the point turn it off as it would trigger the repeater into transmitting the interference.
    the unit i had was the latest version of the 5888uv

    your mileage may vary
    Hey robbo robbo i mean 4-400 that's a nice avatar !!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    98% of all Fords are still on the road today the other 2% made it home.

  4. #4
    4-400's Avatar
    4-400 is offline superlaxative shitmixer DX Numbers: KZ01 Home Channel: 144.200 usb
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    in ya mom
    Radio
    ham on bone
    Posts
    10,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks found it on some fucktarts facebook page ...do you know him ?...by the i am a yobbo
    Quote Originally Posted by -=PEAKABOO=- View Post
    I detect shenanigans somewhere in this thread and my eyes hurt.

    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
    paradox of a misanthropist :They tell you to be yourself ,then they judge you

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Workin The Panhandle State
    Radio
    lots of junk
    Posts
    1,306
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4-400 View Post
    thanks found it on some fucktarts facebook page ...do you know him ?...by the i am a yobbo
    What?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    98% of all Fords are still on the road today the other 2% made it home.

  6. #6
    redbeard's Avatar
    redbeard is offline Mauldropper DX Numbers: 335 Home Channel: 14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Whitney tx
    Radio
    dx44 667v fs4
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any other afordable dual banders out there without all the problems. I found a wouxon but its still not really ready yet as far as design flaws like the anytone


    Due to price of ammunition no warning shots

  7. #7
    4-400's Avatar
    4-400 is offline superlaxative shitmixer DX Numbers: KZ01 Home Channel: 144.200 usb
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    in ya mom
    Radio
    ham on bone
    Posts
    10,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
    Any other afordable dual banders out there without all the problems. I found a wouxon but its still not really ready yet as far as design flaws like the anytone
    redbeard ..dont think of it as a design flaw ...the reason dualbander rigs have this issue is because the receive front end has to be so dam wide to be able to receive all the frequencies they cover there is a trade off in front end filtering to do this ..a hf ham rig has switched filtering for all the bands they cover ..

    a dual bander has only two ..one for vhf (most do 136-174mhz) and uhf (most these days do 400-480+ mhz) every single dualbander radio i have had across the bench both new and second hand and high end (icom/kenwood/yaesu/alinco etc etc etc and low end ..(anything in sub 300 dollar mark)
    suffer the same problem ..
    Last edited by 4-400; 10-08-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by -=PEAKABOO=- View Post
    I detect shenanigans somewhere in this thread and my eyes hurt.

    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
    paradox of a misanthropist :They tell you to be yourself ,then they judge you

  8. #8
    redbeard's Avatar
    redbeard is offline Mauldropper DX Numbers: 335 Home Channel: 14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Whitney tx
    Radio
    dx44 667v fs4
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the insight. I guess that explains the bleed over from noaa on my Baofeng when I'm in corsicana in close proximity to the station


    Due to price of ammunition no warning shots

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •