Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate to support this site...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mr Soul is offline Pro Mauldropper DX Numbers: RR69 Home Channel: 6,29,31,38
    Radio
    TRC-458, Avanti Pigeon Antenna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Cuckoo's Of HF Thread

Dan goes full retard.
    I don't always post on a CB forum, but when I do it's Mauldroppers. Because Facebook CB forums are full of whiny snitch ass bitches!

pole_pig is offline Laser Safety Officer DX Numbers: 1138 Home Channel: 19
    Radio
    Sunair GSB-900DX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1:40 Joe's MINIONS are not there!

Joe is a ham radio proword for beelzebub.
    Electronic Innovations In Action - Setting Energy Traps in the Forbidden Band

4-400 is offline superlaxative shitmixer DX Numbers: KZ01 Home Channel: 144.200 usb
    Radio
    ham on bone
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1980's cb just with out the dry ice paint bombs redecorating the houses of the fallen or the letter box being blown up..this brings back awesome memories
    Quote Originally Posted by -=PEAKABOO=- View Post
    I detect shenanigans somewhere in this thread and my eyes hurt.

Radio
    Castoff junk fro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Amateur radio performs a public service by keeping certain people busy and out of the public.

It's all good as long as they stay in their spots.

543 is offline YOWZER DX Numbers: 543 Home Channel: 28
    Radio
    Cobra 29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some people get butt hurt if you call it a hobby. Calling it a service sounds more gooder.

639AZ is offline Skilled Mauldropper Home Channel: 7.83Hz
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 543 View Post
    Some people get butt hurt if you call it a hobby. Calling it a service sounds more gooder.
    Its more of a toy then even a hobby.. Call it what it is.. TOY radio.. The serious shit ended a long time ago.

Radio
    Cobra 29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Technology changes. Modern serious shit is just smaller and works better.

8. Thanks -=PEAKABOO=- thanked for this post
    Radio
    Sunair GSB-900DX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could bring back suits and ties.. but not in Texas.. that genie's out of the bottle. ship has sailed. horse has departed barn.

Still, every ham fest is 80% SLOBS. There's always some hillbilly with no shoes and a table full of crap he swears is working.

10. Thanks -=PEAKABOO=- thanked for this post
    4-400 is offline superlaxative shitmixer DX Numbers: KZ01 Home Channel: 144.200 usb
    Radio
    ham on bone
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

most hams would look like blimps in a suit
    how is modern shit better than old shit?....grandad didnt need dsp or a digital display a saying i use for people that look at buying ham rigs and debating between a new radio and a 40 year old one "both do 100w let that be your guide..and your pocket book size"

639 i agree..when they stopped listening to maxim and go forth and create that was the down fall of amateur radio .now its all who can out source code who in the lastest stupid digi mode creation

Radio
    Cobra 29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A guy can build a class e transmitter that will outperform the old plate modulated shit and not run up the electric bill or heat the shack.

The r390a is a fine receiver but an sdr play cost 100 bucks and has more features. The 390a will get you in the cool kids club but it it will cost you. Even 639 has mentioned buying an anan.

Grandad may have tried to cure cancer with moonshine or some kind of poultice. Probably worked better.

13. Thanks -=PEAKABOO=- thanked for this post
    Radio
    Old Junk that smells of dust
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Technology changes. Modern serious shit is just smaller and works better.
    I agree, its not about whats on the desk but what is setting at the desk that makes a radio a radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by HiDef View Post
    Matching networks make my dick hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by pole_pig View Post
    I'm careful to avoid draining bottles that drain my wits when I'm working on stuff
    If anyone hears about me using an end fed antenna please kill me.

Trying not to choke on that 10 ohm smoke.

Radio
    Old Junk that smells of dust
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In the world of modern ham radio "KISS" keep it simple stupid. My apache labs qrp rig and ldmos amp will fit in a backpack and make 1KW easy. I love old shit but I think I am digging the new shit more, not to mention I could come visit you in NZ and operate my station remotely without using any ham radio remote software. I love vintage equipment but also dig the new shits thats available. I cannot speak for the other radio ops, most of them suck the D when it comes to just talking radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-400 View Post
    most hams would look like blimps in a suit
    how is modern shit better than old shit?....grandad didnt need dsp or a digital display a saying i use for people that look at buying ham rigs and debating between a new radio and a 40 year old one "both do 100w let that be your guide..and your pocket book size"

639 i agree..when they stopped listening to maxim and go forth and create that was the down fall of amateur radio .now its all who can out source code who in the lastest stupid digi mode creation
    Matching networks make my dick hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by pole_pig View Post
    I'm careful to avoid draining bottles that drain my wits when I'm working on stuff
    If anyone hears about me using an end fed antenna please kill me.

Trying not to choke on that 10 ohm smoke.

Radio
    ham on bone
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol you lot get me wrong..yeah i would love a anan..sure ..just like i love my ft2kd .
    peak dont threaten to cum to nz..just do it man
    no need to bring yah radio i have those too strangely enuff

ok my pets got to get some yobbo sleep off to the north to hopefuly buy me a AM tuber transhitter and other goodies at the annual ham sale ..long drive tomorrow

17. Thanks -=PEAKABOO=- thanked for this post
    Radio
    Castoff junk fro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A guy can build a class e transmitter that will outperform the old plate modulated shit and not run up the electric bill or heat the shack.

If someone gave me a class e transmitter I would use it for a wheel chock.

I have to listen to splatter from one almost every night. It's six times the size necessary for legal limit and would blow up again if under driven. The owner purposely runs it so as to douche out the entire AM window.

The idiot who owns it is an electronic dunce and it only works because someone else is trying to make a point.

Same guy has been making that same point in every QSO every time he is on the air. Lather, rinse, repeat.This shit has been going on for years and most intelligent life has found other places to play.

Additionally, the class e people can't seem to keep one working on 40 meters and forget about the higher bands so they tend to annoy people on 80 and 160.

Anyone mentioning broken class e rigs on the air is subject to being left without technical support from the guru. The whole scene is a big circle jerk.

If one runs the numbers on electricity savings it really does not amount to much.

AM only exists on the hambone bands because of careful promotion and a lot of effort on the part of many dedicated people over the last 50 years. Some class e users in the Northeast have managed to undo a lot of what makes AM a respectable mode.

I should post some recordings of this crap.

Have a nice day.

19. Thanks -=PEAKABOO=-, wizzard421 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The r390a is a fine receiver but an sdr play cost 100 bucks and has more features. The 390a will get you in the cool kids club but it it will cost you. Even 639 has mentioned buying an anan.

Grandad may have tried to cure cancer with moonshine or some kind of poultice. Probably worked better.
    Yep. I like the old and new equip. ITs more about getting on the air and having fun for me.. I dont discriminate. Ive just owned enough of the old junk. I liked my NC300... Shouldn't have sold that one. I still have a Drake tr4x and my R-8 receiver.. Im just tired of the some sort of romance that some amateur's have with their unrestored broken vintage equipment. They think its worth gold, when really, its cool and all but its not worth shit.
    Dont get me wrong I like vintage stuff, Im just tired of going to hamfests and having to listen to the geriatric 80+ year old think he's going to school me on how good his Swan is... Then they end up saying they want some sort of exorbitant price. I try not to be rude and just walk away but they proceed to tell you their whole life story, including all the radios they have owned. I get it, Im probably going to be that guy someday. I just get tired of so much mis-information that is spread that way. Like the ghetto boys here will still tell you that pegging the bird meter in the corner and swinging back to zero, means you add the scale both ways to get your whatts or a 10000 watt slug in reflect is the way to go..

Remember, My job puts me in front of the new stuff everyday. The two way industry is way different from the days of the past. Now if your not selling digital, you might as well close the doors..

21. Thanks Bigblue77, 543, -=PEAKABOO=-, HiDef thanked for this post
    Radio
    Cobra 29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If someone gave me a class e transmitter I would use it for a wheel chock.

I have to listen to splatter from one almost every night. It's six times the size necessary for legal limit and would blow up again if under driven. The owner purposely runs it so as to douche out the entire AM window.

The idiot who owns it is an electronic dunce and it only works because someone else is trying to make a point.

Same guy has been making that same point in every QSO every time he is on the air. Lather, rinse, repeat.This shit has been going on for years and most intelligent life has found other places to play.

Additionally, the class e people can't seem to keep one working on 40 meters and forget about the higher bands so they tend to annoy people on 80 and 160.

Anyone mentioning broken class e rigs on the air is subject to being left without technical support from the guru. The whole scene is a big circle jerk.

If one runs the numbers on electricity savings it really does not amount to much.

AM only exists on the hambone bands because of careful promotion and a lot of effort on the part of many dedicated people over the last 50 years. Some class e users in the Northeast have managed to undo a lot of what makes AM a respectable mode.

I should post some recordings of this crap.

Have a nice day.
    I've heard about this guy but no one ever says who he is. The couple of class e rigs I have heard were running wider than I would but I thought that was bad builder/operator.

I hear you on the power consumption when you consider the audio amplifier. What about a pwm modulated rig? The k7dyy super senior makes 300 watts on 120vac. It's finaky and easy to blow up though.

I have thought about getting some boards from qix and building one but I always talk myself out of it. The lack of support that I would need is one of the reasons.

I'll stick to the ricebox sdr and linear for now. Most of the guys with boat anchors in this area piss me off. Most don't know the limitations of their modulators. All carrier and no audio or garbled up audio. I hear a guy on a barefoot yaesu 450 and endfed as good as most of them. I started running less power trying to prevent from getting into a conversation with the weaker ones. Saying sorry but I can't really hear you makes them talk longer.

Politics aside, I do value the input from you and others here.

23. Thanks -=PEAKABOO=- thanked for this post
    Radio
    Sunair GSB-900DX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If'n I went to all modern sets and got rid of the R390As, SX28, 75A2, audio chains, 150W modulator driver amp for Durward, the Racals, R-220s, them RCA -12 and -13 SW rigs, Rycoms, indeed the Sherwood synchronous detector, WWV receivers, all the power supplies and a mile of wire, pirate radar unit, aircraft radios, on and on a complete clusterfuck. There aint enough blank rack panels in the whirl to cover the nakedness the removal would create and what about the Panduit and cable tray? all very lonely and empty inside!

No, I been collecting and fixing all that stuff for decades and I'm gonna leave it all to be someone else's problem when I kick off. Opcom the same, XRay Wombat also, Ultor Ego, RotoGenray, and a couple others on the team. We got a superstation from ancient history! Woo-Hoo! Never get on the air just impress a bunch of ol drunk chicks with it. Last one alive gets stuck with it, and no one ever thinks of murder.

25. Thanks -=PEAKABOO=- thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had one of the voices in my head pull a switch blade on another one.. The only mistake was bringing a knife to a rf fight.. Fucker still has the twitches and burns to prove it..

Radio
    Cobra 29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have to listen to splatter from one almost every night.
    Holy shit. I found one of them on the a sdr in your area. Looks like his audio might be limited to 6khz but his signal splashes 20khz wide at times....scratch that. He just started yelling at some guys on SSB and went out to 21k. He went on a rant about people interfering with his qso breaking the law. I also heard some Frank Sinatra and other random noises.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 639AZ View Post
    Im just tired of going to hamfests and having to listen to the geriatric 80+ year old think he's going to school me on how good his Swan is... Then they end up saying they want some sort of exorbitant price.
    Same here. All the old AM transmitters I have found at our hamfest were piles of shit with a half assed paint job. $200 to $300 seems to be the going rate. Maybe I'm just a cheap ass but that seems like 3 times too much.

28. Thanks HiDef thanked for this post
    Radio
    Castoff junk fro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Holy shit. I found one of them on the a sdr in your area. Looks like his audio might be limited to 6khz but his signal splashes 20khz wide at times....scratch that. He just started yelling at some guys on SSB and went out to 21k. He went on a rant about people interfering with his qso breaking the law. I also heard some Frank Sinatra and other random noises.

- - - Updated - - -
    5 nights a week of that shit.

I jettisoned my friendship with that crew after they gave Timtron a hard time about running the piss and moan net. Only an egotistical asshole would have a problem with the P&M Net.

Short people.

If yer gonna run 6 times the legal limit at least be careful with the bandwidth.

There are a bunch of 4 lander ssb people who have tried to drop a dime on the biggest offender but they also have a bad reputation.

The guy told Burt K1OIK that he would like to meet him in person because Burt called him out on bad behavior. Well Burt showed up at the Hosstrader's hamfest and walked right up to the AM group. The short man was there and all he did was look at his shoes. I saw it myself.

30. Thanks -=PEAKABOO=- thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast