User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    red dog Guest

Post RCI 63FFC4 How bout this radio =42SC2879-S

Now this radio has to have somthing in it, The Ranger RCI-63FFC4 amateur mobile transceiver offers exceptional value for Novice and Technician Class amateurs upgrading to Tech Plus and higher.

This entry-level unit is designed for easy, reliable and safe mobile operation. The RCI-63FFC4 transceiver provides excellent receiver sensitivity and multi-mode operation. The 400 watts amplifier board has four heavy duty 2SC2879 Toshiba transistors.

The easy-to-use frequency selection system covers the 10- meter amateur band in 6-band segments. Actual operating frequency is accurately displayed in the 6-digit LED display that’s easy to read even in bright sunlight.

A channel indicator speeds return to a popular or previously used frequency without interfering with the operator's attention to the road.

Selectable Automatic Noise Limiter (ANL) and Noise Blanker assures noise reduction during mobile operation.

Front panel RF power output control and RF Gain controls enable the operator to set transmitter power and receiver sensitivity to match operating conditions.

Additional front panel controls assure optimum performance under widely varying conditions:

— A +10 kHz switch complements the frequency selection system by shifting the Tx and Rx frequencies up by a known amount for increased driving safety.

— Easy-to-read panel meter - three-functions indicating received signal strength, transmitter power output, and antenna SWR.
    AM -FM and PA Modes
    High Sensitivity Receiver Design
    Echo &Talk/Back
    Variable RF Power Output
    Built-in Frequency Counter
    Blue LED Display
    Multifunction Panel Meter
    Display Dimmer
    Fully Chromed Housing and Face
    Heavy Duty Chrome Heat Sink

Wolf DX is offline Mature Mud Duck DX Numbers: 39 Home Channel: 19 19A 21 25
    Radio
    Dodge Magnum: Black Chrome Cobra 29, 3 Pill Pony, 5 Pill Dave and straight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will probably find a lot of debate as to whether or not you can use the radio to drive a larger amp. My opinion is if you like it run it. I have the 63FFC2 RCI included a lot of great features in these radios, the C2 is a close representation of the old 6300F150 it just looks better if you love polished chrome. Just my two cents.

Radio
    Base: Homebrew 2 Pill driving Wizard Built Gi46b, Coily Enforcer Johnson,
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally id get a little cobra or uniden and run it into a 2x2879 box but thats just me

10 Gauge is offline Special Agent Man DX Numbers: 509 Home Channel: 19
    Radio
    JVC KD-X50BT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is definitely a nice feature-rich export, hard to deny that. i would look at one of those radios if i wasn't planning on running an external amp, thats for sure. if i were to take the amp and battery out of the civic to regain my trunk space i'd probably put something like that in it to replace the cobra 25 and then just call it done....

red dog Guest

Thats a cool radio. and deff loud i assume,

10 Gauge is offline Special Agent Man DX Numbers: 509 Home Channel: 19
    Radio
    JVC KD-X50BT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah that radio is a screamer for sure.

gravedigger209 is offline Apprentice Mauldropper DX Numbers: 209 Home Channel: 27.165
    Radio
    walkie talkie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The radio is a screamer but if your a rachet jaw like me then this radio might not be for you 4 2879s in a radio just dont have enouph room for cooling but it is a nice radio your better off runnin a radio into a box with a fan
    QUIT:sad: START BUYIN :ihih: :ciappa: :party:

gravedigger209 is offline Apprentice Mauldropper DX Numbers: 209 Home Channel: 27.165
    Radio
    walkie talkie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh ya and it cost more han 325
    QUIT:sad: START BUYIN :ihih: :ciappa: :party:

BOOTY MONSTER Guest

"Now this radio has to have somthing in it"

actually it does........way too much heat in way too small a package to get rid of it . even if it has thos lil 40mm fans in if they dont move much air and in reality will only pull dust into the radio . get a seperate amp .

Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the radio has atleast two fans, one is constant and the other has a thermal switch. The amp and radio are seperated by a shielded box and I have'nt looked but I think the fans only cool the heatsink.

998 is offline Pro Mauldropper DX Numbers: 98 Home Channel: Any of them
    Radio
    I sometimes borrow THE NICKYBOTS Traffic cone ;)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

save your money get you a cobra and a amp be done
    "The more Dedicated the more Medicated...."

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...carlinORLY.jpg

red dog Guest

how bout a Magnum S-3 mOdel it says it cruises at 175 watts. does that model include side band

BOOTY MONSTER Guest

the s-3 and s-6 models are am only . the s9 models are ssb capable . is a amp not pratical for your installation ? dont confuse more watts with more quality in a radio .

Radio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booty Monster is right just because a radio can make big watts doesnt mean its the best for quality. I know the rangers are good radios but in certain situations you would get more bang for the buck if you got a cobra 29 or 148 and put it on a 3 pill. You might even save a few bucks that way.

MoJo is offline MoJo's Radio Shop DX Numbers: 519 Home Channel: 1 6 12 19 28
    Radio
    PC76XLW, NJ Dave Made 1x4, LMR400, Pred 10K 12" Comp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can get you a bluniden and a 2 or 3 pill for cheaper than this rig...

red dog Guest

cool i just saw that radio and it looked fancy. so are people making the fat boy amps. and reselling or is fat boy himself have a store also just asking

red dog Guest

Match this price brand new in the states, in the area of **** or take a few dollars, or maybe you know about this place already if you dont pm me they have some great deals

BOOTY MONSTER Guest

red i think you might be happy with this radio with nitro knobs . stick a 4x16 behind it and youll be good to go .

MoJo is offline MoJo's Radio Shop DX Numbers: 519 Home Channel: 1 6 12 19 28
    Radio
    PC76XLW, NJ Dave Made 1x4, LMR400, Pred 10K 12" Comp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

red dog Guest

thats a nice radio. is there a difference between a 3 and just and LM model im looking at one now and its say cx33tlm on the face

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast